Job reference - 35378
- One of Hawke's Bay's number one vehicle dealerships
- Busy and professional service operations site
- Great family lifestyle, excellent schools, and significant sunshine hours
Access 30 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
About the client and location
For decades, this dealership has been Hawke's Bay's most trusted name in motoring. Proudly 100% locally owned and operated, included in our vehicle franchise family are popular New Zealand brands that are trusted by Kiwi's for years. Boasting numerous significant awards over many years, this dealership is driven to deliver exceptional customer experiences and are determined to succeed in all areas of our business to ensure continued growth. If a great work/life balance is what you are after, then Hawke's Bay is an ideal place to live!
This is a leadership role managing a medium sized service department comprising of technicians and support staff.
The role reports to the Dealer Principal and Group General Manager. Using predetermined KPIs, the Service Manager will ensure a continuance of strong productivity and efficiency and a motivated and engaged service team.
Duties and accountabilities:
- Supervises the day-to-day running of Service Centre and staff and motivate the team to achieve sales and profitability targets
- Monitors service centre appearance to ensure facility is maintained
- Checks all service progress invoicing to ensure all invoices presented to the customers are narratively and financially accurate
- Monitors the incoming work to ensure the workshop is pre-booked
- Monitor Service Advisor activity and bookings in line with the technical competencies
- Completes tall distributor Service Reports
- Achieves targets through updating and reviewing weekly/monthly DOC reports
- Formulates and implements action plans to increase service sales
- Completes manufacturer training courses
- Monitors warranty documentation and training for audit processes
- Monitors franchise customer survey portals
An extended job description is available upon request
The skills and experience sought
Our client is seeking an experienced Service Manager or Assistant Service Manager ready to step up. You will require a motor industry technical management background with a preference towards a franchised dealership service management role.
Trained managers who understand the process of working with aftersales KPIs such as productivity and efficiency management and how to use KPIs to positively motivate your staff are highly desirable applicants.
Brand experience is an advantage, however, consideration will also be given to applicants from other aftersales sectors of the motor industry where similar practices are in place.
The challenge and rewards
The franchise service operations require high standards of service delivery and professionalism. In keeping with the desire to appoint an applicant of calibre, an attractive remuneration package is designed to reward the applicant toward the top end of roles in the region.
An attractive salary will pair with overall remuneration targeted toward $110k-$120k. A company car, cell phone, and normal benefits also apply.
If a great work/life balance is what you are after, then Hawke's Bay is an ideal place to live! Great family lifestyle, excellent schools, and significant sunshine hours. Perfect for year-round outdoor activities like surfing, mountain biking, and fishing to name a few.
How to apply
Applications are welcome from local applicants already based in Hawkes Bay or those wishing to relocate from elsewhere in NZ.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
Automotive Employment (NZ) Limited and Property Employment (NZ) Ltd are wholly owned subsidiaries of JOBCORP (NZ) Ltd. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.
Job has Expired