Job reference - 33738
- Independently owned, top franchise truck workshop
- Seeking a qualified Auto Electrician for the Heavy Diesel sector
- Awesome team working on trucks, trailers, and construction equipment
Access 32 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job. New Zealand's leaders in motor industry recruitment since 1991.
We are seeking a trade qualified Auto Electrician that can carry out general R&M repairs, diagnostics and new fitments on trucks, trailers and new body builds to join an independently owned truck service centre in the beautiful Taranaki region.
- Great staff facilities including a pool table and 50" TV and a modern, clean and spacious workshop
- Specialised resources including modern after-sales diagnostic tools
- Excellent pay rates, between $30 and $40 per hour based on a 40-hour week, depending on experience and overtime paid at 1.5 times normal rate
- Training and upskilling opportunities
- Supportive management and great team culture
Recognised as one of the top franchise truck workshops in New Plymouth, the workshop specialises in heavy transport including any make or model of truck, trailer, or construction equipment and is the service and parts dealership for several well-known brands.
The company is highly thought of in the industry and prides itself on a high degree of professionalism and reliable service.
- Carry out all electrical repairs to trucks and trailers
- Diagnose and trace a variety of faults
- Make modifications and adaptions (Square peg to round hole!)
- Fit up new deck builds, cranes and accessories
- Understand the pressures on the transport industry and be willing to exceed expectations to get our customers back on the road.
- A recognised auto electrician qualification
- Experience working on late model trucks and trailers
- Sound technical skills and mechanical ability
- Experience using electronic diagnostic equipment and Fault-finding ability
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
How to apply
Applications from those wanting to relocate from elsewhere within NZ are welcome. If you are based offshore and wanting to move to New Zealand and meet the requirements - please APPLY NOW. We are able to assist you with your visa requirements making the process easy and seamless.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online. For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.
You can also visit the job board on our website to view further vacancies https://www.automotiveemployment.co.nz/jobs
Jobcorp owned companies include Jobcorp NZ Ltd, Jobcorp Immigration, Automotive Employment NZ and Property Employment NZ. Our company has business interests in recruitment, the provision of immigration advice, and the provision of employment relations advice.