Accessories Fitment Team Leader
|Job Title:||Accessories Fitment Team Leader|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2020 17:00|
- Leading accessories and fitment company in Waikato
- 5-day work week
- Hands on team leader role managing 8-10 staff
Access 29 years of our client relationships and connections and find your next job.
We are looking for an experienced Accessories Fitment Team Leader to join this company who is well known in the automotive industry for their quality accessory fitments for passenger and commercial vehicles
About the employer
Located in Waikato, this company employs around 40 staff members in a busy operation where they deliver market leading products.
They have various teams including one that is responsible for designing products as well as a team that is responsible for the quality control before vehicles leave the workshop.
In this role you would be leading a successful team of 8-10 staff members and be responsible for 70% hands on work.
The balance of your time would be to manage the quality control of all accessory fitments before vehicles leave the workshop as well as the general productivity of the workshop and staff.
Further duties include:
- Supervision of a team of 8-10 staff
- Control the workflow and job prioritisation throughout the workshop
- Ensuring quality product is sent out the door
- Training of the team, planning training, and make time to improve ease of business
- Ensure products are flowing through the production system within the agreed lead time
- Routine meetings to ensure that team are constantly achieving productivity according to targets
- Identify things that are slowing production or causing issues and improve them
- Physical assembly of products
- Carry out, maintain, and train the team on continuous improvement culture and the initiatives associated with this
- Be the main point of contact for team members for all work-related questions and queries
- Work through and solve issues on the line
- Continuously improve quality and output
- Well organised and know how to motivate and drive a team
- Able to cope well in a pressurised environment
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills required
- Be confident enough to resolve conflict
- Keep training up to date
- Have good attention to detail and be able to think on your feet
- Fill out daily and weekly reports for team performance for meeting and management review
- Work closely with a production team and be involved in the design of your products
- Team leader role
- Have the work-life balance advantage of living in a small, vacation town
How to apply
This vacancy is only open to NZ citizens, residents, and those with Open Work Visas.
If reading online, click the APPLY NOW section and submit your application online.
For more information contact the team at Automotive Employment NZ Ltd for a confidential discussion. Phone during NZ business hours: Freephone 0800 67 57 47 from landline and mobile. The international landline is +64 9 271 3200.