Isuzu District Manager: Aftersales - Isuzu NZ
- Familiarity with the NZ truck industry required
- Field aftersales experience and strong computer literacy skills
- Primarily field based
Job reference - 3005
This position is primarily field based and provides counsel and support to Isuzu Master Truck Dealers and Authorised Service Centres and their management on a timely basis, to maximise customer satisfaction thus impacting vehicle and parts sales, merchandising and product opportunities while emphasising the importance of “taking care of the Customer” through the total ownership experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to align yourself with NZ’s number one truck company and enjoy a successful company culture with exceptional career opportunities.
About Isuzu NZ
Isuzu Motors Ltd Japan is the world's top-selling light-to-heavy truck brand as well as being the largest diesel engine manufacturer globally. In New Zealand, Isuzu (a division of Holden NZ/ General Motors) has been the number one truck company for 17 consecutive years and has a reputation for unrivalled customer focus and dedication to professionalism and excellence in everything they do. Head office is currently seeking a highly motivated and career driven individual to join the team in the capacity of Isuzu District Manager - Aftersales. The position has emerged due to internal promotion, reflecting the culture of the company to develop its people through career progression planning.
About the Role
As the Isuzu District Manager- Aftersales you will report to the National Service and Warranty Manager and will be involved in service, parts and warranty functions at a distributor level. The position’s core purpose is to ensure exceptionally high levels of service and support to the NZ Isuzu dealer network to uphold Isuzu’s mission of delivering a superior ownership experience.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Conduct regular field visits to Dealers, ASC’s and some key customers to promote high levels of Parts Sales and Service excellence
- Provide Service and Parts technical assistance to Dealers to assist in resolving product problems, campaigns and reworks
- Identify customer facing non-technical training requirements, work with Isuzu Aftersales & Dealer management to improve customer satisfaction
- Support Technical and Non-Technical service & parts training programs
- In conjunction with HNZ Parts Operations work with the dealer network to grow Isuzu parts sales through either additional inventory coverage or a better understanding of market pricing
- In conjunction with HNZ Parts Operations, assist in establishing specific performance improvement plans in Dealer operations where performance is below acceptable standards
- Assist Isuzu Aftersales and Warranty Managers to maintain technical relations with key customers
- Ensure dealer represents the Isuzu Brand in compliance with recognised GM global standards and DSSA parameters
What we are looking for
The role has a strong analytical focus so you will need to be competent on Excel as well as having strong general computer literacy.
Essential requirements include:
- Familiarity with the NZ truck industry
- Field aftersales experience, either in Parts or Service operations
- High level of analytical skills
- Technical knowledge in the Heavy Transport industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior negotiation and presentation skills
The ability to plan, administer and organise tasks as well as the confidence to interact at a senior management level are essential to this role. You must also have an excellent phone manner and the ability to work well in a team. The role would suit a current aftersales specialist with a franchise background, a diesel technician looking to advance their career or a franchise parts/service advisor looking to get into a distributor.
What this opportunity means for you
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of a challenging role within a company that presents genuine career opportunities within New Zealand and the wider General Motors network. You will be part of an environment that encourages cooperation between departments, celebrates success, rewards achievement and boasts a successful, team-oriented company culture. An excellent package is on offer including company vehicle, laptop and phone. If you are ready to take the next step in your career and join a well-respected distributor then we want to hear from you.
How to Apply and the Closing Date
Isuzu NZ request all applications be directed through Automotive Employment (NZ) Ltd.
The correct method of application is to upload your resume through the 'Apply Now' section of this ad. Uploading your resume through the 'Apply Now' section ensures Isuzu NZ can view your application.
- All applications received will be acknowledged upon application
- All applications must be received by the closing date which is Monday the 23rd of October
- Processing of applications begins on Tuesday the 24th of October when a second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing will be provided
- All applications will be forwarded to Isuzu NZ for review unless otherwise requested
Should you wish to confidentially discuss the role, contact Kim Powell on +64 9 271 3200.
3 Oct 2017
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Heavy Diesel Trades >> Service Manager
- Heavy Diesel Trades >> Heavy Automotive Service Advisor