Retail Development Manager
- Opportunity for both national and international travel
- Significant long term career potential
- Remuneration is attractive and includes a company car
Job reference - 2929
For millions of people around the world, Polaris has become synonymous with innovation, adventure and passion in both work and play. For more than 60 years, the company has been manufacturing high quality, breakthrough products. In New Zealand, Polaris Industries is New Zealand’s distributor for a range of off road and on road vehicles including a range of Ranger and RZR Side X Sides for both commercial and recreational purposes, Sportsman ATV’s, and Ace Single Seat ORV’s. Polaris is also the New Zealand distributor of legendary motorcycle brand Indian Motorcycle and Victory Motorcycles.
The Retail Development Manager is a critical role within the Polaris organisation to stimulate and drive sustainable growth, sales results, dealer network development, and continual improvement across the specified territory.
A highly accountable role, the Retail Development Manager will accept full responsibility for delivering sales results on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis driving the corporate vision and values throughout the dealer network, broadening the scope and ability of the dealer network, and facilitating targeted marketing plans to both grow ongoing retail activity and add value to the long-term brand value of Polaris.
Most importantly, the Retail Development Manager will add serious value to the independently-owned businesses of the dealers and be an outstanding conduit between the dealer network and Polaris.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate scheduled, professional, agenda-driven meetings with Dealer Principals and their staff to discuss performance and regularly reviewing each Prime Market Area (PMA)
- Provide regular updates to dealers throughout each month on their progress against target and assisting with initiatives to drive growth
- Creation of a comprehensive local area marketing plan, managing territory specific marketing budgets
- Set-up, attend, and manage events such as Field Days, racing events, and trade shows
- Assist in the management of dealer stock
- Source and identify prospective dealer candidates and oversee the appointment of new dealers
- Create, drive, and individually communicate monthly dealer sales targets throughout the dealer network
- Conduct regular launch events at key dealerships for new model releases
A more complete range of duties is detailed in the job description – please request a copy for further detail.
The Skills Sought
Applicants should firstly possess outstanding communication skills and be an inspirational leader who can motivate the dealer network to new heights of achievement.
Clearly a motor industry background will prove advantageous, particularly so with a motorcycle focus. You will possess a high level of discipline and attention to detail for dealer follow-up, management reporting, and communication. You will be the sort of person who says what they are going to do, then does exactly what they have said.
Employment backgrounds sought include the skills held by motor industry sales managers, dealer operations professionals in the distributor sector, and those possessing an in-depth knowledge of the retail motor industry and relevant sales and / or marketing processes.
The Challenge and Reward
Joining a global brand in a retail development role will provide far more than mere employment; this will prove a dynamic role where you can fully utilise a wide range of skills.
There is significant long term career potential and this should not be overlooked.
Remuneration is attractive and includes a company car as well as regular and on-ongoing opportunity for both national and international travel.
How to Apply and Closing Date
Polaris Industries request all applications be directed to Automotive Employment (NZ) Ltd and not through other third party channels.
1. All applications will be acknowledged upon application
2. Applications must be received by the closing date on Sunday the 27th of August
3. Processing of applications begins on Monday the 28th of August, when a second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing will be provided
4. All applications will be forwarded to Polaris Industries unless otherwise requested
Contact Russell Phillips on +64 9 271 3200 or via freephone on 0800 67 57 47 for a confidential discussion. A job description can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
9 Aug 2017
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Sales >> Regional Sales Manager
- Sales >> Motorcycle/ATV Sales