Service Manager - Queenstown Motor Group
- Head up a busy, productive team
- Premium brands and premium workplace
- Be part of an established growing group
Job reference - 3154
About the company
Queenstown Motor Group are based in a premium dealership servicing the Queenstown area.
Who wouldn’t feel inspired by Queenstown’s stunning scenery often described as one of the world’s most beautiful towns? Surrounded by towering majestic mountains and set on the shores of crystal clear Lake Wakatipu, the natural beauty and the unique energy of the region is unequalled. The huge range of activities and renowned warmth and friendliness make this a destination of choice.
Being part of the wider Southern Motor Group who have been in operation for over 37 years, Queenstown Motor Group are one of the South Island’s most experienced quality car dealerships. The dealership offers a busy, highly productive working environment.
Queenstown Motor Group represent Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, and Subaru selling new and used vehicles as well as being parts and service agents for all 4 brands.
Although based in one of New Zealand’s smaller towns, the scope of this role should not be underestimated. The dealership is a highly productive, busy environment and boasts a large, diverse customer base.
You will be required to handle the strategic aspects of service management, lead the team, as well as provide high levels of customer service to a high volume customer base. This position is a hands-on customer facing role, assisting the team with all aspects of administration, customer service and day to day tasks.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for the smooth running of the service department, ensuring the site is adequately resourced to achieve targets
- Tracking of monthly target progress and objectives and reporting to the General Manager
- Implementation of strategy and processes alongside the General Manager
- Coordinating the workshop in conjunction with the Service Advisors
- Ensuring best practice health and safety processes are adhered to
- Management of follow up processes for work in progress
- Measuring and controlling productivity and efficiency
- Measuring and controlling daily labour sales
- Measuring lost job operations and countermeasures by team to improve labour sales
- Managing a team of technicians, Service Advisors, and support staff
- Assisting technicians with technical queries
- Extensive customer liaison assisting Service Advisors on a daily basis
- Budget control and maintenance
- All related administration and reporting functions
The successful applicant will have the following experience skills and attributes:
- Experienced Service Manager looking for the next step in their career
- Franchise dealership experience is a must, premium brand exposure desirable
- Able to multitask and manage an ever changing heavy workload
- Willing to work in a hands-on capacity as well as having responsibility for the department
- Happy to relocate to Queenstown or surrounding areas
- Customer service driven
- Solid leadership / team building skills / team player
- Ability to report and analyse figures
- Budget maintenance and control experience
- The role comes with a solid basic salary, attractive OTE, vehicle, as well as all other required tools of the trade
- Being part of this well established and growing group is also an attractive proposition for an experienced Service Manager
How to apply and closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the 'Apply Now' section of this ad as this guarantees that the Queenstown Motor Group is able to view your application.
- All applications will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date of April 22nd, 2018. To be considered for this role, applications need to be received prior to this date
- Processing of applications begins on April 23rd, 2018 when a second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing will be provided
- All applications will be forwarded to the Queenstown Motor Group unless otherwise requested
For more information or a confidential discussion, you can call Kim Powell from mobile or landline on +64 9 271 3200 or Freephone 0800 67 57 47.
Applicants are also welcome to email email@example.com request a job description.
4 Apr 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Automotive Trades >> Service Manager