General Manager - Used Vehicle Dealership
- A trading role leading from the front
- Developing and mentoring used vehicle operations and management
- Strategic involvement in wider business development
Job reference - 3120
About the employer
Having developed a presence in the Auckland used vehicle market, the Directors of this New Zealand owned operation have grown volume and profitability. Now a few years into trading, the plans are to move forward and achieve further growth. This role has emerged to drive sales with medium term plans to assist the Directors to develop multi branch operations.
What the role entails
This is no backroom analyst’s role with a closed-door policy; it is a trading role, a hands-on role working with the sales team and management. Your role is principally profit generation and the following is a brief of what you will need to achieve.
- Active and energised management of sales activities, the sales team leader, and other staff
- Pricing and appraisal of vehicles
- Sourcing quality NZ new and used vehicle stock (in conjunction with the Directors)
- Introducing new and profitable sourcing opportunities to complement existing used vehicle stock (In conjunction with the Directors)
- Operations management ensuring stock presentation is held to a high standard
- Cost control and organisation of individual vehicles to ensure pre-sale preparation is both completed to an acceptable standard and that vehicles return premium profits when sold
- Stock control and competent management of outdated stock disposals (in conjunction with the Directors)
- Involvement in digital marketing, social media marketing and strategies, dealer management systems, and more general advertising and marketing initiatives (in conjunction with the Directors)
- Sales training of structured direct selling methods and response training and control of digital, email, and phone enquiry
- Recruitment and sourcing of personnel applicable to your role (in conjunction with Directors)
- Management of after sales processes (in conjunction with Directors)
- There is a content of weekend work applicable to this role
A more detailed job description is available on request.
While there are numerous trading activities, mentoring management to guide operational efficiencies and growth is also pivotal in this role. The appointee will need to possess the emotional intelligence to work alongside the Directors fostering a culture of excellence that can be mirrored in the opening of future branch operations.
The skills and employment background required to secure this role
You will need to be currently employed in the motor industry in a role such as Branch Manager, Sales Manager, or perhaps even a Dealer Principal who desires to get out from behind the desk and back into the trading activities in a senior capacity. This role will require the skills of a highly accomplished vehicle trader with considerable business acumen.
The challenge and reward
Perhaps the most attractive aspect to this role will prove the challenge and reward that will come from working with the Directors in the achievement of the overall growth and mentoring objectives.
Success will be measured both in profitability, achievement of operational efficiencies, and company growth. In turn, this is an unparalleled opportunity; not only will this role provide an attractive financial reward now, but, with the achievement of success, this role could well carve out a long-term career with significant further potential.
How to apply and closing date
If you are viewing this ad online, the best method of application is to upload your resume through the 'Apply Now' section of this ad as this guarantees the employer is able to view your application. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be acknowledged upon application
- Applications must be received by the closing date of Tuesday the 20th of March, 2018. To be considered for this role, applications need to be received prior to this date
- Processing of applications begins on Wednesday the 21st of March, when a second acknowledgement of the commencement of processing will be provided
- All applications will be forwarded to the client unless otherwise requested
For more information or a confidential discussion, you can call Russell Phillips from mobile or landline on Freephone 0800 67 57 47, or 027 479 0000.
Applicants are also welcome to email email@example.com to request a job description.
5 Mar 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Sales >> Sales Manager
- Executive Management >> General Manager